Friday, March 5, 2010

New VeggieTale's DVD Released this week!!

I was once told that to find contentment in everyday life, find something you love doing, and then figure out a way to earn money while doing it. That's a lot harder than it sounds. In fact, I am just barely getting an understanding of how to apply that concept in my own life. But I have found a ministry in which I can utilize that philosophy, almost fully. I am lucky enough to be counted as one of a few Big Idea (VeggieTales') Ambassadors. What that means, is that I get to "spread the word" about new and upcoming shows, plan church events and talk about all the current promotions! It's fun! It's a lot of work, too!!... and guess what? I don't get a dime for it!! Why on earth would I do such a thing? Well...

I love VeggieTales! My children have literally grown up watching these wonderfully-witty, heart-warming shows. Before my husband accepted Christ into his life, he learned MOST of his Bible stories from VeggieTales (ok, I'm not sure if that is a good thing or not, but it IS true.) If you are unfamiliar with this children's media property, I encourage you to check out some of their work. It is all written from a Biblical perspective / worldview. That being said, it isn't in-your-face preachy or self righteous. A healthy mix of Bible stories (mostly taken from the Old Testament), parodies of other pop-culture or classic literature, and some good old fashioned values-based lessons. The stories are relevant, as are the lessons taught. The cast of characters are, in fact, vegetables who have their own inherent personality traits. I know... it sounds weird if you haven't a clue of what I'm talking about, but trust me, you'll forget you are watching a tomato talk within the first few minutes of the show!

These shows are written for kids, but adults will find them just as entertaining! Check them out! Let me know what you think...

This week a new DVD was released, Pistachio~The Little Boy That Woodn't. A story that not only parodies the classic Pinocchio story, but also uses the parable of the Lost sheep and Good Shepherd to support the theme of, listening (obeying) your parents. Just like our Heavenly Father loves us and knows what's best for us, so do our parents...who love us so very much!

Go to http://www.bigidea.com/ to order your copy of Pistachio and check out some of the other titles that may be missing from your home library! There are always great specials on this web site!! The DVD can be purchased at any major retailer or at your local Christian bookstore. This week, Family Christian Stores will be featuring this title at $12.97 and LifeWay Christian Stores will be offering it for $12.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment