Monday, May 9, 2011

To the Determined Advocates Who Are Also Called MOTHER

As the mother of a son who has autism, this poem made my heart sing!  It's a day late-- but in our world, where advocacy for our children is OUR daily business-- Mother's Day is anyday that you see a sparkle in the eyes of your child!  If you are blessed to know a child with a special need, please pass this poem on to their mother.  Happy Mother's Day, mamas!  Be encouaged and be blessed!!



To All The Mothers

By Meshell Baylor


My mother loves me unconditionally.
Even though I repeat the same old things.
My mother loves me so well you see.
She's patient when I cannot be.
She doesn't mind me pacing back and forth.
She doesn't mind the jibberish.
When I am frustrated beyond my means.
She sings, Don't worry the storm is over."
When I feel no one understands,
Mom is there to hold my hand.
To all the parents around the words whose
journey seems like this.
We know that you love us dearly.
But having you in our lives makes us blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment